The Penang Hot Air Balloon Fiesta will see 15 hot air balloons by international and local balloonists over the 2-day festival, together with family-friendly activities, creative workshops and many more.
- Event Date: 1 Feb 2020 – 2 Feb 2020 (Saturday – Sunday)
- Time: 7.00 am – 9.30 pm
- Location: Padang Polo, George Town, 10450, Pulau Pinang.
- GPS: 5.4182277, 100.3075207.
- Website: https://penanghotairballoonfiesta.com/
Penang Hot Air Balloon 2020 Ticket Price
The event is FREE. However, there will be charges for certain activities, as follows:
- Tethered Balloon Ride : RM50
- Cold Inflation : RM5
On both days, three tethered balloons are open for rides to the public at RM50 per person while cold inflation (where anyone can walk into a balloon envelope that’s filled with cold air as it lies on the ground) is RM5 per person.
There will be two tethered balloon ride sessions a day. Tethered balloon ride is chargeable at RM50 per person on first-come first-served basis. Tickets are limited to the first 150 persons (with numbered tags) in the queue and there will only be one ticket sold to each person. Numbered tags will be given out 30 minutes prior to the opening of the ticket counter. Tethered ride ticketing details are as follows:
Ticket Counter Operating Times:
- 7.15am [tickets sold only for morning session]
- 5.45pm [tickets sold only for evening session]
- Tickets sold each day will be applicable for the particular day only, e.g. purchase of tickets on 1 Feb can only be used on the same day for the specific morning or evening session.
- Children below 4ft are prohibited to ride the balloon due to safety reasons.
- Tethered rides are subject to weather conditions.
- Should weather conditions prohibit the ride, visitors can claim a full refund from the ticket counter within 3 hours of ticket purchase.
- Safety is utmost priority, however passengers are to ride at their own risk.
- Appropriate clothing is advised such as pants or shorts for the ride.
Event Schedule Penang Hot Air Balloon 2020
Event Side Map Plan