“Do you know how to choose a good jambu batu?”
“Here, look at its fleshy back. It must be firm and make sure it is clean.”
Located on 100 acres of land, Desaru Fruit Farm offers visitors a fun time learning about the country’s tropical fruits. Packed with than 100 varieties of tropical fruits, 10 species of plants, a petting zoo, koi fish pond and other attractions, a visit here promises a fascinating getaway.
Visitors will get the chance to learn how to select quality fruits, and try out the many local fruits available in the fruit farm. Of course, a fruit shopping is a must.
Come over for a half-day tour, or spend a night or two with the available packages. Opening hours are 8am to 6pm daily. Advance group reservations are recommended.
How to Go to Desaru Fruit Farm, Johor?
To get to Desaru Fruit Farm head for Kota Tinggi.
- From Johor Bahru city centre use the Johor Bahru – Kota Tinggi trunk road (45 km). From Mersing town, use Mersing – Kota tinggi trunk road, from the North – South Expressway, exit at Pasir Gudang or Kulai interchange and from Kota Tinggi town it is another 39 km to Desaru Fruit Farm.
- Another alternative is to use the air-conditioned ferry service, which is about 30 minutes from the Changi Ferry Terminal (Singapore) to Tanjung Belungkor, and another 30 minutes by land transfer to the farm.
- Address: Tourism Malaysia Johor, L3-26 Aras 3, Bangunan JOTIC, 2 Jalan Ayer Molek, Johor Bahru 80000, Johor.
- Telephone: +607-222 3590 / 3591
- Fax: +607-223 5502
Alternatively, contact the farm:
- Address: Desaru Farm Fruit, No. 1 Hentian Penawar, Sg Cemaran, 81900, Desaru Kota Tinggi, Johor.
- Telephone: +607 822 5886/ +607 822 3886
- Fax: +607 822 4886
- Opening Hours: 8am – 6pm