Muar is also famous for its otak-otak, mee bandung and asam pedas and is the only place in Johor, apart from Batu Pahat, where residents would have satay for breakfast.
There’s no other places that can copy exactly the same taste Muar offers to everyone.
Apam Balik Muar Dorayaki, operated by Fauzi Ghani, has been at this same spot since his grandfather started it years ago.
Located at the mouth of a back lane off Jalan Sulaiman, this stall remains popular for its apam balik.
- Address: Located in front of Hin Lee Cash & Carry & 60 meter from RHB Bank / beside Sate Duha
- Opening Hours: 9am – 6pm daily (Closed at Tue)
- Telephone: 016-318 3273
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ApamBalik-Muar-Dorayaki
- Price: RM1 / 3pcs, RM2 (7 pcs), RM3 for 11 pcs dan RM6 (22 pcs).
Where in Johor do they eat satay (grilled skewers of meat dipped in spicy peanut sauce) for breakfast? In Muar, the locals enjoy satay pagi or morning satay for breakfast!
- Address: R&H Cafe Maharani Satay, Bangunan MARA, Jalan Maharani 84000 Muar Johor
- Opening Hours: 7.30am – 12.30pm daily (closed at Friday)
Mee Bandung Abu Bakar Hanipah
Their Mee Bandung has a rich and thick prawn flavour. The combination of their specially made sambal, shrimps, cuttlefish and beef results in this savoury and a little overpowering taste that will linger long in your taste buds.
- Address: 69-A, Jalan Abdullah, Muar, Johor, Malaysia
- Opening Hours: 7:00am – 4:00pm daily (closed at Friday)
Sup Kambing Muar Soup House
The humble bowl of soup is overloaded with mutton or beef according what you order and you wouldn’t find any gamey taste of raw meat. Robust, thick and giving off a slightly herbal smell, the soup will definitely exceed your expectations.
- Address: 47, Jalan Sisi, Muar, Johor, Malaysia. (Near Classic Hotel)
- Telephone Number: +606 – 954 1786
- Opening Hours: Daily 24 hours
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Muar-Soup-House-Sdn-Bhd
Asam Pedas Pak Yahya
The ultimate asam pedas in this medan is Pak Yahya’s. Like a boss (literally), he opens shop at 11am and closes when he runs out. The man runs his stall for only three hours a day and if you miss that time slot, well, that’s too bad. Come back tomorrow.
His asam pedas alone is worth the drive down to Parit Jawa, even for a few hours.
- Address: No. 1 Medan Asam Pedas, MPM, 84150 Parit Jawa, Johor
- Opening Hours: 11am – 5pm Daily (Closed at Fri)