“Mother of All Gardens”
Beautiful botanical garden outside of Kuala Lumpur. Creatively landscaped gardens with unique paving with botanical imprints. Wonderful range of plants. The garden provides marvellous places for a picnic as well as a lakeside boardwalk! The 230 acres are also planted with trees, shrubs and flowers which bloom throughout the year.
Putrajaya Botanical Garden Picnic & Activities
- Explorer’s Trail
- Palm Hill
- Sun Garden
- Floral Garden
- The Lakeside
# Explorer’s Trail
- Canopy Bridge – enjoy the scenic tropical rainforest canopy. This 170 metres long bridge runs across a vailey cultivated with various species of rainforest trees.
- Heliconia Trail – Explore the Heliconia Trail that is abundant with heliconia species and banana of various shapes and colours.
- Vine Garden – A special garden adorned with a collection of climber plants such as king’s mantie, bauhinia and bread flower.
# Palm Hill
Mangrove fan palm, Chinese fan palm and toddy fishtail are among the palm collection that you can find while trekking through Palm Hill. Try to look for a palm special with sharp spines on its stem.
# Sun Garden
Cyras is an ancient plant that has been in existence since over 230 millions years ago. During that time, this plant was a food source for herbivous dinosours. How interesting is that? Take a look at the Japanese sago palm while learning how to tell time with the sundail.
# Floral Garden
The three main plant collections from Tropical America, Africa and Asia Pacific have shaped the garden into a beautiful and unique landscape.
# The Lakeside
A splendid view with garden landscape, unique building architechture complementing the background. It is a place for visitors who crave serenity and peace.
- Lake boardwalk and Wetland – from this walkaway, you can see the dam that separates the Putrajaya lake from the Wetland Garden.
- Hibiscus Walk – Enjoy the beauty of Malaysia’s national flowers while relaxing by the lakeside
- Fern Garden – Bird’s nest and maidenhair fern are among fern species found here. Let’s learn about these plants.
- Moroccan Pavilion – Visit the Moroccan Pavilion with its unique Moorish style architecture inspired by Tun Dr Mahathir. The gallery located at this houses a collection of items and architecture from the famous royal cities of Fez, Maknes, Marrakech and Rabat in Morocco.
Cycling Opening Hours & Bicycle Rental Price
Monday to Friday
- Single Sitter – RM2/hours
- Double Sitter – RM4/hours
- Baby Carrier – RM1/hour
Weekend and Public Holiday
- Single Sitter – RM4/hours
- Double Sitter – RM8/hours
- Baby Carrier – RM2/hour
Visitor Interpretive Centre (VIC)
- Monday – Friday : 9.00am – 5.00pm*
- Weekends & Public Holiday: 9.00am – 5.00pm*
- Tuesday closed for maintenance
*Rest at 1.00pm – 2.00pm
Opening Hours: 7.00am – 7.00pm
- Entrance Fees: FREE
- Address: Taman Botani Putrajaya, Presint 1 Putrajaya
- Tel: 03 8887 7770
- Email: email@example.com